Yesterday, we ran through our highlights from the first half of the year. As the countdown for 2o14 gets underway, we’ll be looking back at the second half of this year and reflecting on the fun we’ve had sharing little bits of info with web surfers. Let’s jump back in! (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘New Year’s Eve’
The end of every year is always a bittersweet season. On one hand, every gathering place is decorated with garland, lights and festive figurines, and families are making preparations to spend time together for at least a few days. On the other hand, not everyone is able to connect with their loved ones, and for many residents of Newtown, Connecticut, along with the countless individuals who have lost loved ones this year, Christmas and New Year’s traditions may feel incomplete.
We at Reserve123 would like to take a second to thank each and every one of you for making this year a great one, filled with outstanding travel stories, photos, trinkets and tips. Surely there will be more to share once everyone gets back from their December vacations, and we can’t wait to dig into the goodness. Until then, we hope everyone has a safe and satisfyingly wonderful holiday, filled with gut-wrenching laughter and sleep-inducing dinners.
New Year’s Eve is right around the bend, which means it’s time for party people around the world to get ready before time runs out! For the serious celebrators, there are some awesome activities worldwide that simply can’t be missed.
Almost everywhere in the world people will stay up late to see the old year out and the new year in with church bells ringing, fireworks, countdowns, music and merriment. As the clock nears midnight in every time zone, these top 10 cities will push the limit of festivity. Ringing in the new year on any of Reserve123′s New Year’s Eve Tours & Activities is a fantastic experience. Celebrate the New Year in style with spirited parties, cruises, bonfires, fireworks, and much more. (more…)
Fare Thee Well, 2011… Now it’s Time to Ring in the New with 2012! Break out your goofy 2012 glasses, confetti, and noise makers and get ready for the big count down.
Have you ever experienced New Year’s Eve in Memphis? If not, you are missing out, my friend. Check out Reserve123.com’s Top 5 Things To Do in Memphis for New Year’s 2012!
5. Memphis Cocktail Walking Tour – As any Memphian can tell you, the best way to experience the city is with a drink in your hand! This two-hour walking tour goes beyond the bars of Beale Street and visits historic downtown drinking establishments and favorite local taverns to sample some true Southern charm. From classic Southern cocktails and rare Tennessee whiskeys to delicious martinis, you’ll enjoy a unique taste of Memphis!
4. Mojo Music Bus Tour in Memphis – The Home of the Blues comes alive on this city tour aboard the only Music Bus in Memphis. Rock the streets on the coolest ride in town and see Beale Street, Sun Studio, Stax Records, the Lorraine Motel, movie locations and more, while hearing music performed live. It’s the only tour in town that puts Memphis music history in the hands of real musicians – 90 minutes of high-energy fun!
3. Graceland Music Attractions Pass – Enjoy a sightseeing day tour to Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee. PLUS – you get admission to the Rock N Soul Museum, the Stax Museum of American Soul Music, and the Sun Studios Tour. See Graceland with its fabulous displays of Elvis memorabilia, including the audio tour. Tour two of Elvis’ airplanes. See the Sincerely Elvis exhibit and the Elvis Presley Automobile Museum. A shuttle will take you across Elvis Presley Boulevard to enter Elvis’ 14-acre estate. With the new digital audio guide featuring the voices of Lisa Marie and Elvis, you will enjoy a specially-produced audio tour presentation and even more information on specific exhibits.
2. Historic Memphis Walking Tour – What better way to start your day than with a leisurely stroll through tree-lined downtown Memphis. Your guide will unfold the story of this rowdy river town and its inhabitants – tough frontiersmen like Davy Crockett and Sam Houston; dashing Confederate soldiers and Civil War spies; gamblers, speculators, and fancy ladies who arrived by steamboat and train; gangsters and machine bosses fueled by Prohibition-era greed. Along the way, you’ll see sweeping views of the river from the rooftop of the beautiful Madison hotel, along with stately architectural landmarks, such as Court Square Fountain, the Lincoln American Tower, and much more.
1. Countdown on Beale Street – On December 31st starting at 7:00 PM hordes of people will flock to Beale Street for the city’s biggest New Year’s Eve party! As the locals say, it’s time to “bury your blues” to start the New Year with a clean slate.
Bands will start playing in Handy Park at 7:00 PM, and there will be a guitar drop at the Hard Rock Cafe at Midnight! Expect the bars to be packed and the party to overflow into the street. New Year’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Style!!
When you think of Virginia Beach, chances are you invoke images of sand and surf, and a time to be wild and carefree. What you might not think of is all of the wonderful shows and entertainment at your fingertips in this great area that will give you that same feeling of being truly alive. Virginia Beach Tours offers you the chance for fun and excitement in a unique way…through the eyes of a skilled detective!
Virginia Beach’s superior performers help you to tap into the mystery and scheming that goes along with any high-quality murder mystery show. At the Mystery Dinner Playhouse, anything goes. Your dinner will be served to you by one of many characters actively involved in the crime-solving – and sometimes crime committing – and you will receive clues intended to get you closer to solving the mystery at hand. Some will help you and others may throw you off course, but either way you are in for the time of your life, and don’t forget to keep good notes! They will surely help you as you struggle to put the pieces of the puzzle together one at a time.
As dinner is served, you will have the opportunity to ask questions of the suspects, so be ready to inquire as much as you can between scenes. The end of the evening brings prizes to those who best solve the mystery, so think carefully about your answers before they are submitted to the panel.
From now until the end of April, the playhouse will be showing “Who Killed the Boss?” Your setting will be a company party, and the details of the crime are anybody’s guess. So join Rob from Marketing, Bill from IT, intern Amanda, and the rest of the animated bunch from National Universal Technology Services for an evening of deception and chilling murders. You will be so glad you came, saw, and solved that you will feel like your own version of Sherlock Holmes.
Check out one of the murder mystery shows at the Mystery Dinner Playhouse, and for a special way to spend the holiday, join in on the fun during a special performance on New Year’s Eve. Details and booking information are available now at www.virginiabeachtours.net.